The scrutiny is on Trump’s new Commerce Sec
Wilbur Ross is a good friend of Donald Trump and he’s just been installed as Secretary of Commerce in Trump’s administration. He’s just popped out on news wires with some comments.
- He says he’ll be aggressive in trade talks
- Will be more strong on import restrictions
- Insists the US will get better deals.
All well and good from a very close Trump associate but what skeletons are in Ross’s closet?
MSNBC find out.
According to AP news he is
AP News has apparently heard of a memo circulating around the Dept of Homeland Security saying that Trump’s administration is looking at utilising the National Guard to herd up any illegal immigrants.
The memo in question details;
- Calls for the unprecedented militarisation of immigration enforcement as far north as Portland, Oregon, and as far east as New Orleans, Louisiana
- Four states that border on Mexico are included in the proposal
- Troops would be authorised “to perform the functions of an immigration officer in relation to the investigation, apprehension and detention of aliens in the United States.”
There’s been plenty of recent comparisons between Trump and Hitler doing the rounds and this story won’t do anything to quieten that noise.
Here is the full AP story.
All praise the bubble!!
Seriously? The stock market has been living on the Fed’s easy money like a babe to a tit. Remove the tit and what do you get?
If his tax plans don’t meet expectations, the stock market will tank.
Trump’s back on twitter with a bang
Giving it to the “fake news” media once again.
Trump is meeting with more world leaders today
We know the Donald can move markets with a single word or line and today good be big one for Canadian/US markets, including the currency USD/CAD, as Trump meets Candian PM Trudeau.
- 9:00 am ET Receives his daily intelligence briefing
- 9:45 am Speaks with President Muhammadu Buhari of Nigeria
- 10:10 am Speaks with President Jacob Zuma of South Africa
- 11:00 am Meets with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
- 12:15 pm Participates in a roundtable discussion with Prime Minister Trudeau on the advancement of women entrepreneurs and business leaders; Cabinet Room
- 12:50 pm Has a working luncheon with Prime Minister Trudeau; State Dining Room
- 2:00 pm Participates in a joint press conference with Prime Minister Trudeau; East Room
- 3:00 pm Meets with the Republican National Committee Chairwoman and Co-Chairman
- 3:45 pm Participates in a pinning ceremony for Major Ricardo (Rick) Turner
- 4:15 pm Speaks with Maureen Scalia by phone
Let’s hope he has a better meet n greet with these leaders than he did with Japan’s Shinzo Abe.
Trump slated the New York Times again but didn’t get his facts straight
The New York Times posted a story after Trump’s phone conversation with the Chinese Premier Xi and in it they referred to the fact that previously, Trump had not spoken to Xi since Nov 14th. Trump hasn’t read it properly and tweeted that the NYT is doing fake news, citing that he spoke to Xi yesterday.
This is rank amateur stuff from the president of the USA.
Here’s Trump’s schedule for today and Japan’s Shinzo Abe has his caddy sorted for golf
All times ET (courtesy of the White House Dossier)
9:00 am Recieves his daily intelligence briefing
9:30 am Tapes the weekly address; Diplomatic Room
10:00 am Meets with Sen. Mitch McConnelll
12.00 pm Meets with Japanese Prime Minister Abe
1:00 Holds a joint press conference with Abe; East Room
1:35 pm Has a working lunch with Abe; State Dining Room
3:00 pm Departs White House
5:45 pm Arrives West Palm Beach, Florida
8:00 pm Has dinner with First Lady Melania Trump, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzō Abe, and Mrs. Abe
Abe’s caddy for his golf game with Trump